Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Whitney's Wedding Weekend

One of my oldest and closest friends got married this weekend! Whitney and I have known each other for 15 years. Our friendship has certainly stood the test of time, considering that we met in 6th grade chorus (hello awkward phase!) and have remained very close ever since, despite usually being across the country from each other. On Saturday, she married JR, who I love and is perfect for her.


They married at The Taj in Boston, MA. It was a perfect fall day and such an amazing time! The weekend was full of family, friends, fun activities and wonderful food!

After a tour of Fenway Park on Friday, we gathered at The Taj for a rehearsal, and then went to Assaggio, an Italian restaurant in the North End for the rehearsal dinner. I stuffed myself with bruschetta, fried calamari, salad, and seafood risotto. I also helped Kathryn with her chicken Parmesan, which was incredible! We finished the meal off with fresh canollis! I wish I took some pictures of the food, but I was too hungry to think about photography!

After a few hours of hair and make-up on Saturday, all of the bridesmaids and the bride got ready in a special room. Whitney's father had some lovely food sent to us to have while we dressed!

Tea Sandwiches
More Tea Sandwiches!
Fruit Tray
Fresh Baked Cookies Resting on White Chocolate Chips

I used raspberries and orange slices from the fruit tray to add to our champagne.


After a few champagne toasts, we got into our dresses, posed for some pictures, and Whitney made her stunning entrance! The ceremony was beautiful and it was obvious for all to see how incredibly in love Whitney and JR are!

The food at the reception was delicious and elegant. I joined Whitney and JR in August for their  food and wine tasting, and was still impressed by how great everything was.


Gnocchi Appetizer:


Chicken Breast with Polenta and Mushroom Sauce:


Dessert #1 - Lemon Meringue Tart with Berries and Raspberry Sorbet:


Dessert #2 - Wedding Cake - Vanilla Cake with Hazelnut Bavarian and Milk Chocolate Ganache:


Dessert #3 - Homemade Italian Cookies
(I didn't get a picture of these, but they were absolutely unreal! Whitney's aunt made them and I will definitely be begging for the recipe)



Congratulations Whitney and JR! What a perfect wedding for a perfect couple! Much love to you both!


No comments:

Post a Comment