Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Early Morning Workouts and Lots of Oatmeal

The past couple days I've gotten back to doing some early morning workouts. My favorite time of day to exercise has always been first thing in the morning, but usually isn't possible due to my work schedule. I did a little schedule juggling this week and its been great. I feel so much better after working out in the morning, have tons more energy, and am in a better mood all day.

Yesterday I did my interval workout (10x400 at faster than a 5k pace) at 6:00am, followed by an hour of weight lifting (legs and shoulders). By the time I left the gym my legs were sooo tired, but it felt great!

For breakfast I had some Omega Orange Carrot Juice (from Trader Joe's). I don't drink juice very often, but this stuff is really good. It has 50mg DHA and EPA Omega-3 Fatty Acids from fish oil in each serving (don't worry - it doesn't taste fishy at all!). One serving also has 130% of your Vitamin A, 120% of your Vitamin C, and 13% of your Potassium (very important when recovering from a hard workout).


You won't be surprised that I had oatmeal for breakfast. When it comes to morning food, I'm incredibly predictable. I mixed in pumpkin butter, dried cranberries, and some walnuts...tasted like Thanksgiving dinner (minus the turkey).


This morning I got up at 5:30, walked to the gym for a warm up (about 1 mile) and did chest and triceps exercises. For some reason triceps are one of my favorite muscles to work out. Now they're pretty sore though! I'm going to go for a run later in the day.

For breakfast I had oatmeal...this morning with fresh chopped apple and some cinnamon.


Great start to the day. Happy Wednesday! Halfway to the weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment