Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Heart Bacon

After a 4 day hiatus from running/training, today it was finally time to hit the road again. I had every intention of running this past weekend, and even diligently packed several running outfits, but I guess I should have known that the wedding excitement and QT with my girlfriends would win out over a run.

For lunch today I fueled up with a BLT Chicken salad:


I used organic spring lettuce mix, tomatoes from the local farm, turkey bacon, and grilled chicken. Yum!

Then I went for a 6.5 mile run around (and around and around) Jamaica Pond...

...and then came home to some flowers from Pat!!


He said the flowers in the vase are for me to enjoy over the next week, and the Gerber Daisies are for me to enjoy after! :)

Pat left for a meeting, and I got to work on some dinner...and more bacon! Tonight I used real bacon instead of turkey bacon.

BBQ Bacon Pizza

Ingredients
  • 1/2 ball pizza dough
  • 4 pieces bacon, cooked
  • 1/2 onion, sauteed
  • 1 apple, thinly sliced
  • Feta Cheese
  • BBQ Sauce
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. While the oven heats, prepare the ingredients:

-Stretch out the pizza dough and set on a floured surface.
-Saute the onions in a little bit of olive oil over medium heat until caramelized.
-Cook the bacon until crispy, then chop into small pieces.
-Thinly slice the apple.

Put the pizza dough on the pizza pan and spread with BBQ sauce. Sweet baby Ray's is my favorite.



Please don't judge the shape of my pizza. Just because its not a perfect circle or perfect square doesn't mean its not perfectly delicious!

Add a layer of feta cheese.


Add slices of apple.


Add sauteed onions.


Add bacon!


Add more feta cheese and another drizzle of BBQ sauce.


Then bake for 16-18 minutes, until cooked though and dough is browned.


Smells so good!

I made a salad with organic mixed greens, cucumber and red peppers to have with my pizza.



And I enjoyed a glass of red wine from a bottle my office mate gave me today:


This pizza had the perfect combination of toppings. The onions, apples and BBQ sauce all complemented each other very well, and the crunch of the bacon was delicious! I hope I don't eat it all before Pat gets home to have some!!

No comments:

Post a Comment