Thursday, September 16, 2010

Potstickers, Veggies and Pumpkin (x2)!

I opted for a low key dinner tonight so I could relax...it seems like this week has been dragging on forever. The other day I bought some frozen Ling Lings vegetable potstickers at Costco, and tonight on my way home from work I picked up some fresh carrots and string beans from the local farm to steam with the potstickers.

At home I realized that the dumplings came with frozen veggies for a stir fry:


So I made the potstickers and frozen veggies, and decided to just steam the green beans to have on the side.

I just followed the instructions on the back of the potstickers, which took a total of about 12 minutes to cook.


After they're finished cooking and I've added the sweet chili sauce:


I washed and trimmed the green beans, then steamed on high for about 10 minutes.



And then my quick dinner was done!


The Ling Ling vegetable potstickers were really good...next time I'll buy more stir fry vegetables to add in (broccoli, peppers, onions, etc), since there were not enough that came with it. I added some salt, pepper and green chili powder to the green beans, which were nice on the side of the potstickers.

And washed it all down with one of my favorites...Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale! (Brewed in NH!)


And for dessert I had some more pumpkin! While buying veggies at the farm tonight I came across some Pumpkin Pie Gelato, which I couldn't resist.


Made by Giovanna in Newton, MA.


I drizzled some hot fudge on top and enjoyed! The gelato was so creamy and rich...it is also low fat and has over 100% of your daily Vitamin A requirements, so I felt good about indulging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment