Monday, December 20, 2010

Lazy Girl's Lunch

Wow that weekend went by fast! Though sick all weekend, I did manage to go out to dinner on Friday, go to a Christmas party on Saturday, and celebrate an early Christmas with my family in Rhode Island on Sunday. 

Me with my little cousin Madeline - we had so much fun!

When I got home on Sunday night, I made a quick trip to the store to get essentials (milk, eggs, apples, bananas, baby carrots, and ingredients for several holiday gifts) and then got straight to work on making some homemade edible gifts. This year I'm making treats to go in my family's stockings and to give to a few friends. That's all I can say for now, because I want them to be surprises.

At about 10 last night I realized that I didn't buy any lunch food for the week. I'm only going to work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week (woohoo) so I didn't want to make another trip to get lunch food. After rummaging in the kitchen I found the following:


And a container of Nasoya Light Firm Tofu!


I heated one chicken sausage in a pan (without oil) for about 15 minutes until cooked through.


I then removed the sausage and used the same pan to cook the tofu (I used cooking spray for the tofu) and added some spicy pepper jelly.



Saute for about 8 minutes until browned.


While the chicken sausage and tofu cooked, I steamed the brown rice and vegetables in the microwave. When everything was finished I put it all in a large Tupperware container and mixed it together, and added some red pepper flakes and low sodium soy sauce.



And there you have it! Lazy (or busy) girl's lunch for the next 3 days! For snacks I have apples, bananas, baby carrots, and Greek yogurt.

After work today I need to pick up a couple more ingredients for holiday treats, spend some time baking, hopefully fit a run and quick trip to the gym in, and then tonight I'm going to see Black Swan with Pat, Pete and Gina!


No comments:

Post a Comment