Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Surprise! Pies!

This is what I came home to last night:


I had a special project that kept me at work until 8:30 last night, so when I walked in the door at 9:30 I was exhausted and ready for bed...until I saw the surprise Pat had for me! He'd made me TWO pumpkin pies and bought me some beautiful fall flowers! I love burnt orange with deep burgundy with splashes of yellow and reds.


Pumpkin pie is my favorite dessert. Hands down. I love chocolate, I love ice cream, I love Haribo gummy bears...okay, I could go on for a long time, I love dessert. But pumpkin pie is the best of them all! 

I quickly got down to business with my pie. At this point it was almost 10pm, but that didn't bother me, I will eat desserts at any time of the day. Take a wild guess which piece is mine and which is Pat's:


Add a little whipped cream:



So delicious! I love surprises!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not ashamed to admit that I had some pumpkin pie for breakfast this morning. Don't worry, I also had oatmeal, so my meal wasn't totally unbalanced. There are two very good reasons why I was forced to have pie with my breakfast:

1. My vitamins (Vitamin D and Fish Oil) need to be taken with food. My oatmeal wasn't ready yet, so pumpkin pie was my only choice.
2. I was feel exceptionally Vitamin A deprived this morning, and canned pumpkin is chock full of Vitamin A (1 piece of pie has over 130% of your daily Vitamin A requirements). Rather than opening a new can of pumpkin, I thought it much wiser to have it the way God intended it...in my pie!





No comments:

Post a Comment