Friday, November 5, 2010

Dough Woes

Last night I went to Chrissy's condo for dinner. The original plan was to get some take out, but she surprised me with calzone fixings to make at home! We all know how much I love calzones. When I got there she had sliced the tomatoes and mushrooms, washed the spinach, and was baking eggplant slices. She'd also left her pizza dough at room temperature for the day to allow it to rise. I'd never seen this before. To me it looked like dough-colored cotton candy in a bag, and I had no idea how to approach it. So I ruined it. Not on purpose of course, but as I kneaded the dough and added flour, the dough just got worse and worse and more holes formed. I didn't capture the horror on film, but it was a mess. Chrissy definitely regretted putting me on dough duty.

We split the dough into 2 pieces, put 1 down on the cookie sheet and topped it with tomato slices, mushrooms, eggplant slices, mozzarella cheese, and spinach. We then added the second piece to the top and pinched the pieces together to close it.

Baked at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, and voila...


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And taste is in the stomach of the eater...or something like that ha. My point is that even though this wasn't the best looking calzone, it was damn delicious!


Yum! For dessert we had pumpkin whoopie pies that Chrissy picked up at her local bakery. They were sooo good.


Chrissy and Michelle even sent a whoopie pie home with me for Pat!


Next time its my turn to cook for Chrissy! Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment