Monday, May 2, 2011

MIA

Hey there! Sorry I've been MIA for a bit...I haven't been ignoring you, I've just had a really busy week. Busy, but fun! 

After I made myself a frozen chia parfait on Wednesday (I'm now totally hooked on them) I tried my hand at the whole grain strawberry scones again. I increased the ratio of whole wheat flour (since whole wheat flour absorbs more liquid than all purpose) but it was still too wet, so again I had to make one very large circle and then cut the scones after it had baked halfway. This recipe still isn't working perfectly for me, but I'm enjoying the taste-testing in the meantime!

One for me:


I boxed up the rest and brought them to Krissy's house. On Wednesday afternoon I had a little play date with Krissy and Colton (who's already 2 months old and is getting so big!). 


On Wednesday night Gina and I went to a new place in Nashua we'd never been - The Timber Grille. Its kind of your standard bar that serves pub food and is packed with mostly regulars. 


The food wasn't really anything exceptional - my burger was burned so I gave it to someone sitting a few stools over that was eying it. The fried food (fries and mozzarella sticks) were good, but aren't they always?


Gina and I were having some camera issues, that's the clearest picture we took all night!

On Thursday I met up with Callie and Chrissy for some food and wedding dress shopping. Mission was successful! All other details will be kept top secret until the big day!


Friday morning was the Royal Wedding. To be honest, I didn't think I really cared about it at all. And then I started watching it and couldn't turn it off (luckily I had a doctor's appointment in the middle of the day that allowed me to stay at home and watch the whole thing). Kate was absolutely stunning - I loved her dress and thought everything was perfect. They both looked so happy as they exchanged private comments and smiled at each other. It was wonderful to see such love.

Source

Friday evening I went to Southie to celebrate Abi's birthday. I bought her a pink crown with black fur, since her birthday fell on the same day as the Royal Wedding, I thought it'd be appropriate for her to have a Royal Birthday! She wore it for a few minutes to appease me, but refused to wear it out to the bar.


Saturday I was quite productive, and after catching up on The Biggest Loser (priorities people!) I got down to some spring cleaning. I did dishes, laundry and major organizing. I gathered 2 trash bags full of clothes and donated them to Good Will, and I also made piles of about 40 magazines that I'm bringing in to work for patients to read while they're in the hospital. 

Sunday was the Wallis Sands Half Marathon in Rye, NH! It was a gorgeous day and a great course - I'll fill you in more about that soon!

Glad to be back!

3 comments:

  1. Whew - you've been busy! I've been thinking about the chia parfait - definitely going to have to give it a try. I have vanilla almond milk that I think I'll use with some toasted almonds on top... mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO much to catch up on! Looks like a fun few days! Your scones look so good--I've never had a whole wheat one before but I'm sure it's delicious.
    And a half on top of it all, I can't wait to hear about it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm now exhausted. Phew! What a week! Looks like it was lots of fun tho. Keep trying with those scones! Quality control...such hard work ;)

    ReplyDelete