Friday, March 4, 2011

The ABC's of Emily

Okay I've seen the ABC's on several blogs by now, and wanted to join in. Here are my ABC's:

A. Age: 26

B. Bed size: Queen.

C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower and washing dishes (by hand). Pat says I’m the worst dishwasher ever, so I think that means I shouldn’t have to do them. Ever again.

D. Dogs: Desperately want a lab and a husky. Originally I wanted to get the pups together so they could be best friends, but since that hasn’t happened yet I’d happily settle for one! I need a running buddy!

E. Essential start to your day:  Breakfast (preferably oatmeal) and a big mug of green tea. I don’t know how people function without eating in the morning.

F. Favorite color:  Depending on my mood, lately I love red, yellow, peach and purple.

G. Gold or silver:  I never cared for gold before, but in the past couple years I’ve started to like it a lot more. Now I wear a mixture of both.

H. Height:  5’6 (well that’s what I tell everyone, I’m actually 5’5 1/2

I. Instruments you play(ed):  Recorder in 3rd grade. Drums in 5th grade (I believe that lasted about 2 months). I have always wanted to play the guitar and I hope to learn one day.

J. Job title:  Hospital laboratory software coordinator.

K. Kids: Right now I’m enjoying my friends’ kids (like Maddison, Ava, Colton) and my little cousins Madeline and Carter.

L. Live:  Nashua, NH. I was born and raised in Massachusetts, work in Boston, and most of my friends and family are in MA, so I still consider myself a Massachusetts resident. My car insurance company, however, does not. They finally discontinued my insurance after I'd been promising them I’d be moving back to MA soon for two years…so its official, I am a NH resident. Live free or die, baby!

Source

M. Mom’s name:  Beth.

N. Nicknames:  Em, Emmy, Bambs/Bambi, Emster, Moo, Bobbles.

O. Overnight hospital stays:  I think a few times growing up, not sure how many times. I had horrible asthma as a child and was constantly in and out of the ER. Must have been lots of fun for my parents.

P. Pet peeves:  Toilet paper roll under (it should go over!), when a certain someone leaves the refrigerator door open while fixing a snack, "text" writing (spell it out people!!).

Q. Quote from a movie: Favorite quotes from a movie are from Love Actually. Some of my favorites:
“Worse than the total agony of being in love?” (Sam)
“There was more than one lobster present at the birth of Jesus?” (Karen)
“Beautiful muffin for a beautiful lady” (Colin)
“Just in cases.” (Aurelia)
“To me, you are perfect.” (Mark)
“So if you believe in Father Christmas, children, like your Uncle Billy does, buy my festering turd of a record. And particularly enjoy the incredible crassness of the moment when we try to squeeze an extra syllable into the fourth line.” (Billy Mack)
“Oh God - Say 'yes' you skinny moron!” (Aurelia’s sister)
“Two years, seven months, three days and, I suppose, an hour and thirty minutes.” (Sarah)
“Thank you, sir. I did have an awful premonition that I was gonna fuck up on the first day. Oh, piss it!” (Natalie)

Source

R. Righty or lefty:  Righty.

S. Siblings:  Laura (28) and Jim (24)

Me, Laura, and Jim (back when he had long hair!)

T. Time you wake up:  Anywhere from 4:30am-6:00am on weekdays (depending on work schedule) and usually 8ish on weekends.

U. Underwear:  Yes, please. Thank you.

V. Vegetables you don’t like:  I love all vegetables, with the exception of turnips. Those don’t really do it for me.

W. What makes you run late:  I learned it from my dad! (Just kidding, Dad). For some reason I always think I’ll be able to do things a lot faster than I can, and after all this time I still underestimate the amount of time it’ll take me to do something. And traffic constantly makes me late. 

X. X-rays you’ve had:  Teeth, elbow (after breaking it while running last June, I’m special), and lungs several times when I’ve had pneumonia.

Y. Yummy food you make:  I have a certain fondness for sweets, especially cookies and cupcakes. Right now I’m thinking about the dough that’s chilling in my fridge to be made into truffles for tonight!

Z. Zoo animal favorites:  I don’t know about zoo favorites, but buffaloes are my favorite animal. I was really excited to see them when I went to Montana and Wyoming two summers ago, and also last May when Jim graduated college we went to a buffalo ranch!

Photos taken at Yellowstone National Park


Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. That was really fun! I really enjoyed reading your ABC's, makes you a real person!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moo-ski... I'm 24, and that picture makes me look like a girl!

    Nice Buffalo. That reminds me, I need to make breakfast burgers for you and Pat soon, (with spinach and healthy things in them.

    ReplyDelete